Bohemian head scarves are a fashion accessory that has been around for centuries. They were first worn by women in ancient Greece and Rome, and then became popular in the 1960s as a symbol of the counterculture movement. Today, head scarves have become a staple in the wardrobe of bohemian fashionistas all over the world.
In this blog post, we will explore some ideas for how to braid a scarf into your hair and different boho head scarf fashion styles.
How to Pick the Best Bohemian Head Scarves for your Outfit?
Boho head scarf can add a touch of style and individuality to any outfit. Here are some tips to help you know how to wrap your hair with a scarf.
- Consider the Color: As a boho head scarf comes in different colors and patterns, choose a headscarf that complements the color scheme of your outfit. If you’re wearing a neutral outfit, consider a scarf with a bright or bold print to add some color. For a colorful outfit, you can try out neutral shades.
- Think about the Fabric: Boho head scarves come in a variety of fabrics, including cotton, silk, and chiffon. Choose a fabric that suits the occasion and weather. For example, a light chiffon scarf is perfect for a summer day, while a thicker woolen scarf is ideal for winter.
- Look at the Print: Bohemian head scarves come in a range of prints, from floral to geometric to abstract. Choose a print that complements the style of your outfit. For example, a floral scarf is perfect for a boho style or vintage-inspired outfit, while a geometric print scarf works well with a modern or minimalist outfit.
- Consider the Size: The size of the scarf is also important. A long scarf can be wrapped around the head or draped over the shoulders, while a small scarf is ideal for tying around the neck or wearing as a headband. They can be used for boho headband hairstyles.
- Experiment with Different Styles: Don’t be afraid to experiment with different styles of boho head scarves to find the one that works best for you. Try wearing it as a turban, headband, or tied at the nape of the neck. You can also add tassels and beads to enhance your head scarf look.
By considering these factors, it becomes super easy for you to pick the best bohemian head scarf to complete your outfit and make a fashion statement.
Top 7 Ways to Wear Boho Head Scarves
Boho head scarves are a popular accessory for women who want to add a bohemian touch to their outfits. Here are some types of boho head scarves:
1. Classic Bandana Style
The bandanas style is a traditional way to wear a head scarf. Simply fold the scarf into a triangle and tie it at the back of your head. You can also tie it at the top of your head for a more retro look. This style works well with a pair of jeans, a plain t-shirt, and some ankle boots for a casual, bohemian look.
2. Trendy Turban Style
The turban style is perfect for those bad hair days or creating a gypsy look. Simply fold the scarf into a rectangle and tie it at the back of your head. Then, twist the remaining fabric and wrap it around your head, tucking in any loose ends. This style is perfect for a beach day, paired with a flowy maxi dress and some sandals.
3. Head Wrap Style
The head wrap style is a great way to add some pop of color and texture to your outfit. Simply wrap your scarf around your head, leaving the ends loose at the back. This style works well with a flowy skirt and a crop top for a bohemian chic look.
4. Ponytail Scarf
The ponytail scarf is a fun and easy way to add some flair to your everyday ponytail. Simply tie the scarf around your ponytail, leaving the ends loose. You can also tie the scarf knot at the base of the ponytail. This boho head scarf style works well with a simple outfit, such as a white t-shirt and high-waist jeans.
5. Boho Headband Hairstyles
The bohemian headband is a great way to keep your hair out of your face while still looking stylish. Simply fold the scarf into a long strip and tie it around your head like a headband. This style works well with a pair of wide-leg pants and a crop top for a bohemian vibe.
6. Braid Wrap
You might be thinking on how to braid a scarf into your hair? Follow this trick – fold your scarf into half to get a long band down. Then, make braids in your hair and wrap the scarf along with it. This style works well for long hairs and with a flowy maxi dress and some wedge sandals for a bohemian beach look.
7. Messy Bun Scarf
The messy bun scarf is a great way to add some style to your messy bun. Simply tie a knot of the scarf around your messy bun, leaving the ends loose. This style works well with a pair of denim shorts and a cute tank top for a casual, bohemian look.
Are you Excited to Choose your Boho Head Scarf Style?
Yes, absolutely! Explore the truly boho head scarves gallery today. When you wrap bohemian scarf on your head, they create a different boho-chic stylish look of your own. Do try all the above boho head scarf hairstyles and comment your favorite one here!